When it comes to creating a sophisticated, durable and environmentally friendly flooring solution, polished concrete aggregates are the ultimate choice. At NZ Grinders we specialize in concrete polishing and concrete grinding, and we’re excited to share with you the range of polished concrete, the benefits, and costs associated with this transformative flooring option.
What is Polished Aggregate Concrete?
Polished aggregate concrete is a versatile flooring option that combines the strength and durability of concrete with the beauty of exposed aggregate. The concrete is ground with diamonds to expose whatever you have embedded in the aggregate, such as stone, shell or glass, which are then polished to whatever sheen you want. This finish is suitable for both homes and retail, or industrial spaces.
The Benefits of Polished Aggregate Concrete
- Durability and Longevity : Polished aggregate concrete is renowned for its exceptional durability. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is highly resistant to wear and tear. With proper maintenance, it can last for decades, making it a cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Aesthetics and Customization : One of the key advantages of polished aggregate concrete is its aesthetic appeal. The exposed aggregates can be customized to match the design and color scheme of your space, giving it a unique and luxurious look.
- Low Maintenance : Unlike some other flooring options, polished aggregate concrete requires minimal maintenance. Regular sweeping with a micro fiber mop and occasional wet mopping are usually all that’s needed to keep it looking pristine.
- Eco-Friendly: Polished aggregate concrete is an environmentally friendly choice. It reduces the need for additional flooring materials, and its reflective surface can help reduce lighting costs by increasing natural light penetration.
Costs of Polished Aggregate Concrete
Now, let’s look at the cost factors associated with polished aggregate concrete. It’s important to note that the costs can vary depending on several factors:
1. Size and Complexity of the Project
The size of the area to be polished and the complexity of the design will significantly impact the overall cost. Larger areas and intricate designs may require more time and resources.
2. Type of Aggregate
The choice of aggregate also affects the cost. Exotic or rare aggregates may come at a higher price than more readily available options. However, this choice allows for greater customization and uniqueness.
3. Surface Preparation
Proper surface preparation is essential for a flawless polished finish. If the existing concrete surface requires extensive grinding and repairs, it may add to the overall cost.
4. Additional Options
Some clients opt for additional options such as decorative scoring, coloring, or staining. These features can enhance the aesthetics but will also impact the budget.
5. Maintenance Costs
While polished aggregate concrete has low maintenance requirements, it’s essential to factor in long-term maintenance costs for sealing and occasional re-polishing to keep the surface looking its best.
In conclusion, polished aggregate concrete offers a winning combination of beauty, durability, and sustainability. While the costs can vary depending on several factors, it’s an investment that pays off in the long run. At NZ Grinders, we’re here to help you transform your space with polished aggregate concrete. Contact us today to discuss your project and get a personalized quote for a flooring solution that’s as unique as you are.
Feel free to contact Glen at 021-434-199, serving North Island cities, including Auckland, Taupo and Rotorua or reach Mike at 027-281-8815 for South Island regions, including Queenstown, Lakes, Dunedin, and Invercargill.